Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Surprise Me God Day 14

SURPRISE! Another day standing in amazement of God.

Today started slow. I got up and was able to enjoy some quiet time before the boys got up. I then did the radio show and worked on making changes to our networking site and some other updates that needed to be made since our show name changed.

I think the enemy got confused today. When I said surprise me God, I think the enemy felt the need to mess with me. When I called in for the show everything was fine and then all of a sudden on my computer screen it says "waiting for host to call in" I freaked out and thought "WHAT?How did that happen?" Today's show was about forgiveness. What does it mean to be forgiven? I think the enemy knew there were people that needed to hear the message and he was trying to get in the way. Silly creature. Doesn't he know that my God is bigger than him? WAY BIGGER! So when I realized what had happened I called back into the show and spoke with our guest speakers. After listening to the play back it all recorded, but better safe than sorry.

Then after the show I worked on some show stuff and getting things done that I had neglected all week due to house hunting. the phone rang and our realtor was on the other end. She said "CONGRATULATIONS!" We have an accepted deal. The house is ours. Well, once all the t's get crossed and the i's get dotted. We are asking for prayer that we will be able to close on the 25th as planned. It is a much faster process than would normally happen but God is bigger than paperwork. Since we weren't planning on buying our house until next year it has added a little financial strain right now. God is bigger than money. He will make sure we have what we need when we need it.

The biggest surprise I had today was when my husband and I were in the kitchen tonight. We were talking about the budget & he said "God has never let us go without. He has always met our needs." My husband is a very wise man. Truth is it will be a great feeling at the end of the day we can give the glory to God for making this happen.

I also had a deep thought today. I would rather be here with my husband then anywhere else. Not that I hadn't thought that before, I have. But I get homesick from time to time and I really had this overwhelming feeling that I am so thankful it's just him and I and our children here. It's hard to explain and I'm probably not doing a very good job.

The day wasn't full of AHA surprises like some days past. It was more of a peaceful it will be okay and God will see us through.

I'm so thankful for each and every moment that God allows me to see Him at work in my life. I'm going to try and be better about letting Him steer the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment