Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Seasons of Change

We all go through seasons of change. Nothing ever stays ths same. I think it's a good thing that things are always changing. It helps us learn and grow.

Today I cut my hair short. It was a spur of the moment decision. But as things are changing I felt the need to change something about me. I go back and forth between long hair and short. Between curly and straight. It is the easiest thing to change about myself. Well, that and maybe some makeup and clothes. :)

We are about to embark on a bunch of changes. New house, new school for the boys, new friends, new deployment schedule. Our life as we know it will change. By this time next year I am sure that there will be even more changes.

One of the biggest changes will be with our oldest daughter. Next year this time she will be almost old enough to drive. I am looking forward to the day when she can drive her siblings to activities. That will free up so much of my time. But she will also have to get a job. Which means she may not be as readily available as I think.

When our kids were little I used to wish for the day when I could take them places without meltdowns, diaper bags, and arm loads of belongings just to get through 2 hours of an outing. Now I find myself wanting to hit the rewind button. Before I know it our oldest will have flown out of the nest and on to college.

I'm trying to embrace all the changes. Living our military life for as long as we have has helped that process. But change still doesn't come easy to me. Like the changing attitude of our teenage daughters. If our daughters knew I was blogging about them they would say something like OMG, LIKE I CAN'T BELIEVE U R WRITING ABOUT ME! TOTALLY NOT COOL. LIKE CAN I READ IT AND DELETE IT?

We had our children young so it's not that long ago that I was a teenager. I remember driving my mom crazy. Now I see it coming full circle. I love my girls but there is only so much teenage talk I can handle in a 10 minute conversation. If you have ever had a conversation with teenage girls, the word like is used in every form of the english language. It's a noun, verb, adjective, pronoun.......you name it.

Then there are the boys. They are still young and close in age. It is a constant battle between the two of them. But one day that will change also.

Season of change is all around us. I think if we can learn to embrace the change it will help make our journey a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment