Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Renewed

I am renewed. God has renewed my spirit. Maybe I was sleeping to much. I usually only sleep about 5-7 hours a night. It varies for different reasons. Partly because I am like a little kid. I don't want to sleep in fear that I might miss something. The other part is because I simply don't sleep a lot.

Since this whole moving business came about I have found myself exhausted and sleeping more than normal. Not excessive, but 8-9 hours a night. When you are used to 5, 8 is a lot.

Maybe part of my funk was that I was sleeping to much. I stayed up late redesigning the website and putting together some other things. I didn't go to bed until about 2 am. I was up at 7:30. I had to get the kids to VBS. Now I may take a power nap later, which is normal for me but I feel renewed. I don't feel defeated any longer.

I have been praying for God to help renew my spirit about ministry. I needed Him to take the junk out and let the stuff that needs to get done be put in front of me. Ask and you shall receive.

Today in an email from the founder of Wives of Faith she said it doesn't matter if we reach 2 people or 2000. What matters is we do the work. We do the work and God will put the people in our path that we need to help. That is a powerful statement. I was focusing on the numbers and not the work. OOPS! Sorry, I got that one backwards.

Here's to finding your renewed spirit. I pray that you will find your drive and ambition in whatever adventure God brings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment