Monday, June 15, 2009

Lack of concentration

Do you ever lose focus of what you are supposed to be doing? I have lost focus and drive for what I am suppose to be doing. I'm not really sure how or why it happened it just has. That doesn't mean I will quit doing it. I am asking God on a daily basis to renew the fire in me.

As I think back, I think it started to happen when all of this moving junk came about. Without a place to live I can't do anything. So finding our next home was our quest. We have found our home so things should go back to normal, right? Wrong. We have anywhere from 10 days to 3 weeks until we move. It all depends on how fast the VA will process our paperwork. I don't like living in limbo. It really weighs on me. There have been little bumps in the road with the house but nothing major. The seller(builder) is really giving us a good deal. With everything ticking along why can't I get back on track?

I recognize that the enemy is trying to take apart the good things we are doing. I also accept that I need to just plug along and do the work no matter how I am feeling. It is God's work. He called me to do it. It feels like I work hard one day and then the next I have to do so much other stuff that the ministry gets pushed to the back. I can't seem to find the balance. Especially now that the kids are on summer break. I want to be on summer break to. I want to do absolutely nothing. I say that but when the time would come for me to do absolutely nothing I would be looking for something to do. I don't sit still for very long.

How do you get your motivation and concentration back? Do you have a method that works for you?

I am thankful that God has brought Sara Horn from Wives of Faith into my life. It seems we compliment each other well. Not to mention that we can get each other excited about our ministry. Check out Wives of Faith here.

Truth is, my life will become more chaotic before it changes back to normal. Moving, even in the same town, is never easy.

If anyone can send motivation or concentration via email or phone please do. If you have any tips or tricks I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. Living in limbo seems to be the Military Way...I feel for you, and pray your move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete