Monday, May 25, 2009

Surprise Me God Day 6

We are headed to the beach. I will admit that I am playing catch up on the surprise me blog. That really isn't a surprise to me. Those who know me well would not be surprised at this. I'm not either.

I wanted to leave for the beach earlier than we did. That's not really a surprise either. I always want to leave for a trip or outing at a certain time and it never fails, we leave hours later. I guess I don't plan well or maybe I try to plan it to much. Point is, we left later than we thought. I figured, since my husband rarely lets me drive, that I would start writing the articles that I need to write. SURPRISE! He let me drive the whole way there! He didn't complain once! He only told me to turn around once! Since he had his dental surgery he hasn't been feeling the greatest so maybe God was giving him a natural sedative while I drove. In my defense I don't drive bad, my husband is just not a good passenger.

It didn't take as long as we thought to get to the beach. LOVE IT! SURPRISE! We checked into the hotel, ate dinner and went sight seeing. I think I had two surprises tonight.

1-How much food my youngest daughter can eat and how much more the bill is when you have 6 adult meals instead of 2 adults and 4 kids. YIKES! I thought I might have to make them wash dishes for a minute!

2-My youngest is now old enough and tall enough to drive his very own go cart. SURPRISE! Of course daredevil Parker loved it. I did not. They all drove very well. Only one accident and that was from my oldest son.

Today was relaxing and rewarding. Why is it I feel like I have to leave home in order to relax? Maybe because I don't know how to walk away from the computer when I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment