Monday, May 25, 2009

Surprise Me God Day 5

What a surprise today has been. First, I decided on our new name. Which, if you are reading this then you know all about it! I am a firm believer that God's in control of my life. HOWEVER, I also believe that God expects you to act when He prompts you to do something.

A few months ago I was thinking about changing out name. I didn't. I didn't want to confuse people or start over with our progress. Then some things happened and we decided that we would change our name after all. It has been a few weeks and I went back and forth and back and forth. I like this name and now I don't. OH, I like this name and now I don't. Isn't it funny(not haha funny but ironic funny) that we started the Victoriously Frazzled study shortly before all of this happened? When I was in Lifeway picking out the study I thought to myself what a great word. What a great title for the study. Little did I know that it would play such a great part in our life. I realize that some people won't like our new name and some will love it. The bottom line is it doesn't matter what our name is. If we are doing God's work and following His lead He will bless the efforts. Our name could be POOP and I think as long as we are following God and being obedient that we would be blessed.

I took the leap and made a decision about our name and now bigger things are coming. More followers on Twitter, more listens to the radio show. I like to call them obedient blessings. I say it often but I want to make sure everyone knows, it's not about me, it's not about look at what I'm doing, it's about OH LOOK AT THE GREAT THINGS THAT THE LORD HAS DONE.

Today we are getting ready to head to the beach tomorrow. I think God is teaching me how to be adventurous and not have every minute of my life scripted. I like that. Although I am still attached to my to do list, I am finding ways to be spontaneous. I think my kids like it too. Although I did have a LONG list of to do's for them before we went to the beach. So maybe they aren't liking the new surprise me mom after all.

The biggest surprise I have had today was after I finally committed to our name change. I thought I would feel anxious and nervous but I felt at peace. I felt God calm my soul. He was telling me it would be okay. I think I might learn to like change after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment