Thursday, May 21, 2009

Surprise Me God Day 4

Well, today was nothing if not interesting. Lots of little surprises throughout the day.

I did the bible study a little earlier than normal today. I had forgotten when I scheduled the appointments for the dentist that we were set to start the bible study. Trying to reschedule 3 dentist appointments could be a nightmare so we did the bible study a little early. I didn't feel connected like I normally do today. I normally rest and pray before we start. Today I was washing dishes, getting laundry done and yelling at the boys to get dressed, eat breakfast and all the morning stuff that they normally take their time at. We had to be on our way out the door right after the show today. So I felt a little more frazzled than normal. I guess it's good that our study is Victoriously Frazzled. I needed it more today than anyone.

We got to the dentist on time. SURPRISE! That usually never happens. Tanner once told his scout leader that I am always late. While that statement is true he forgot to add the part that I am always late because I have to be on top of the kids to get ready to walk out the door. The boys did well at the dentist. Despite their efforts to avoid brushing their teeth they didn't have any cavities. I on the other hand have two small cavities. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? SURPRISE! It's been probably 15 years since I have had a cavity so I guess I was due but still. I brush better than they do and I end up with the cavity.

There was a wonderful surprise in my email today. My dad sent me a short email to tell me how proud of me he was. We can never get to old to hear that our parents are proud of us. There was a time when my dad and I didn't speak. We had a rocky relationship. Now when I go home I love to visit my dad and step mom. Plus they always have a glass of yummy wine for me.

My husband isn't doing so well today. He had some dental work done yesterday. He had a fever last night so I assumed it was an infection. He went back today and they said everything looks fine. They thought it was just the trauma from the surgery. He has slept most of the day and is still sleeping now.(surprise! he's up now)

I did have a few nice surprises for CMWTR. A couple of guests lined up, couple new name ideas(which I have to post), and a vision from God that we are on the right track.

I am beginning to see God in things that I never paid attention to before. Just the little daily things of life that are blessings. The kids playing in the yard and just being kids. The neighbor boy was here today. He is 5. He was sitting on my couch and I was asking him about school. He said out of the blue "Jesus Loves Me!" I think that sums up the day. Jesus Loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment