Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Surprise Me God Day 3

SURPRISE! You get the journal entry before tomorrow. That really is a surprise.

The last two days I have woke up in the most foul moods. I'm not sure why. I am really excited about the surprise me experiment. I am not one to embrace the unknown so this is a completely new concept for me.

I forgot to include for yesterdays entry that I got an email from Leanne at Military Avenue. Not really a surprise there, but she wanted out press release and player (for blog talk radio) so she could put it on their site as well. SURPRISE! It's not a surprise that I forgot to write about it yesterday. Lately I leave my mind where I last stopped. If you see it please return it to me. It will probably be hopping around trying to remember where it put the keys!

My husband had some major dental work done today. I figured he would be crabby and hard to deal with but he hasn't been. I know his mouth hurts and I am trying to take care of him the best way I know how but he is doing much better than I thought.

We found out today that my seven year old has a double header baseball game on Friday. At what point do they not play? I think a double header at that age is out of control but I don't make the rules.

The best surprise of all was when I was driving home from the commissary. (after I spent another $100, I shouldn't be surprised there) I got to thinking about how it's Memorial Day weekend and I actually have my husband here for once. We should do something. Onslow beach isn't far from us, so I decided on the way home we are taking a trip. We leave Saturday and come home Sunday but we are going on an adventure. It wasn't that long ago that I was complaining that my husband got to have all the adventures and changes since he was gone with TDY so much. God has really surprised me with our own little family adventures. 2 days here, 3 days there. It is really a refreshing experience.

I need to prepare for the bible study yet. That's not really a surprise either. Today was a pretty normal day with a few little nice things from God. No crabby children is one of them! Stay tuned. Who knows what tomorrow will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment