Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Be Still and Let God Fight

How many times have I said it? How many times have I actually done it? The answers are starkly different. I say it all the time. I need to give the problem to God and let Him handle it. Then I get on the phone and complain to my best girlfriend or two and take it back from God. Thinking that He has forgotten me or why would this problem matter to Him. IT DOES MATTER! It matters to Him because it matters to you.

Many times in the last week things have come up and I said "Okay God here you go." Only to take the problem back and try and fix it myself.

Some things have happened over the last 24 hours and I really didn't know what to do. So I prayed. While praying I tried to fix the problem or at least come up with an answer. I didn't get very far. I finally went to bed exhausted at 2 am. Woke up at 9 with a radio show to do at 10 am. Still unsure of what to do. The show was great but my mind was truly else where. It was so out of tune with what I normally do that I forgot to pray at the close of the show. AGAIN! Two weeks in a row. I am putting a big post-it note on my computer for the bible study show and for next week so I don't forget to pray at the end.

But my thought at the end of the show and after talking to my girlfriend is that I really and truly can't fix this one. This has to come from God. He needs to work and I need to sit down, criss cross applesauce spoons in the bowl, and be quiet for once in my life. Which, anyone who knows me, knows that is not an easy task. I tend to speak before I think. So I'm giving it to God. I held my hands up and said "here you go, I truly don't know what to do and I need your help."

Ironically we talked about that very thing in the bible study this week. I think it was day one that we talked about calling out to him and being still. That God is waiting for you to be still.

Psalms 62:1-2 "I am at rest in God alone, my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I will never be shaken."

Then I saw this on twitter-I know that life may be a bit difficult right now. Never let a temporary situation lead you to making a permanent choice.

WOW! Is all I can say. If that is not God telling me to be still. He is hitting me on the head once again saying HELLLLLLO HONEY! Are you there? Did you not listen to what you read this week?

No matter what challenge you are facing be still and let God fight. You may be trying to fix it and while you are you are undoing all the work that God had set before you to already take care of it. I know in the end God's purpose and plan for me will prevail. No matter what the outcome of this situation. And no matter what the outcome is, I have this sense of peace about me that I normally wouldn't have. That is God's grace telling me that it will be okay. He is fighting for me.

Friends, I challenge you, Be still and let God fight. Be still and know that He is Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment