Friday, February 20, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again

Okay, so I do know when I'll be back. But I am super excited to be leaving NC for a little while. Even though I will have my two homeschooling children with me.
My sister had a baby about 4-5 months ago and ever since she has had one thing after another happen. On Friday the 13th of February she had her 3rd surgery since she had baby Jackson. So I decided to take a little TDY of my own and go visit her next week. But then the thought occurred to me, I am the teacher of my two boys. If I leave for a few days do they just get a vacation or should I lay out very detailed lesson plans and make DH the teacher. That thought only had to be in my head for a few seconds before I could hear the phone calls from DH and the boys. So, I decided to make this a learning field trip for the boys. The last time they flew they were itty bitty. Tanner says he remembers it but he was 2 the last time he flew so I don't think he does.
Parker (the younger one) has his carry on packed already. Every night when I tuck them in they ask how many more sleeps until we leave for auntie Mandy's? My sister and I plan to take all the kids (her 2 and my 2)to the Milwaukee Public Museum. I remember going there as a kid. Right now they have some sort of Titanic display that will be cool to see. I think we all deserve a little TDY now and then. I can't wait to take mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment