Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blessing Box

If you have never had one I encourage you to start one. When we lived in TX my adopted director Kit Dupree, made me a blessing box as my going away present. I had never heard of such a thing but it is truly a blessing. Inside the box was a card from my sister MK consultants. Wishing me well, making me laugh and they were all in this pretty box. Kit told me to add to it as my journey continues. Well my MK journey has taken a detour but I have always added cards and notes that I thought I might want to look back at.
Tonight as I was cleaning my office I went through that box. Some of the cards made me laugh, some brought tears to my eyes. One of the ones that made me laugh had old ladies in a car and one bubble said pull up so we can flash them. The other bubble said don't say it unless you mean it.
I found a card that I had kept from my grandma. It must have been from my birthday last year. I didn't realize at the time, or maybe I forgot, but she wrote in that card. It wasn't much. Just a couple of sentences but still made me feel like she was right here with me.
I had a BUNCH from my friend Tammy. Now most days we were inseparable. Our kids fought like siblings on any given day. Or tried to escape from the second floor window on the roof together.
But one thing stayed the same as I went through that whole box, I am blessed. I am blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. Some just for a season or a reason and some are my soul sisters but I am still blessed to have/had them in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment