Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Now Hear This.


So coming unglued, that's what we are talking about, right? ... I wrote about this in January (I didn't call it that, but that is certainly what I was doing). Yelling is a choice. A choice. And I am desperate to choose joy, to choose gratitude over Satan, to choose not to come unglued ... but HOW
And how, when I already feel like such a failure every time the harsh words erupt in the vanishing calm in my home. 
So we have 11 more chapters to talk about how. To chart our imperfect progress together. 
In the meantime ... I still feel like a failure, my anger echoing in little ears. 
And then ... I hear this. From chapter one of the study, but really from Scripture. (And from Shannon, on the podcast:) 
Lysa references the adulterous woman Jesus saves from stoning in John 8. 
Beloved ... hear this. 
Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more” {John 8:10-11, ESV}.
... He didn’t say ... “Come back when you’re done sinning.”
Christ meets us in our sin. He is not waiting for us to change in order to embrace us fully. He loves us right in the middle of our ugly mess and offers up the truth and hope of the gospel as a lifeline. Our imperfect progress is a direct outworking of His grace and our acceptance of it. 
So when failure feels imminent, know that you are loved, you are cherished, and you have hope. 
Tune in friday morning at 9:00 am for our discussion of chapter 2. 
~Molly 

No comments:

Post a Comment