Monday, April 27, 2009

Bloom where you are planted

There have been many moves in my married to the military life. Some were easier than others. Some were more welcomed. Each had it's own unique journey to a new place.
When we moved, almost 2 years ago, I knew that we would be here for awhile. I knew that my husband would come and go a lot. It has been a struggle for me to find my groove with all of this in and out. I really wanted to have a normal life. But what is normal with military life? Not much. Every one's journey is different. Similar but still different and unique to them.
Last night was the first night here without my husband. He left on another TDY trip. I really thought I would be more upset. I even told him I would probably cry at the airport. For some reason this trip was really effecting me. Yesterday came and went. No tears. (unless you count the ones when I was watching Brothers and Sisters, but that was TV show related not husband related)

As I worked last night and had the TV on, I actually enjoyed being there by myself. I do like being home from time to time by myself. The kids are asleep. It's quiet. I don't have to watch Ghost Hunters and I can work on what I want as late as I want and I don't have to worry about feeling guilty about it.

I still don't enjoy all the coming and going. But for the first time since we moved here I finally feel like I am blooming where I'm planted.

1 comment:

  1. Such a unique struggle to us as Army wives... I think it's a positive attitude - to try to bloom where we are planted- get involved and try to plug in the best we can... It takes a while though I'm sure to feel like we "belong" somewhere... This is my first real PCS as a Spouse and I have to say it's both more and less challenging than moving around as an Army brat! :> Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete